I wonder if you feel the same.
I am haunted, because I most certainly *do believe* in a redeemer. I believe in the redemption he brings, and I enjoy the redeemed community he creates: Jesus has died, Jesus has risen and Jesus has formed a new community of people who belong to him, eager to do good. At York Street Anglican, we have been given grace to take our place in this Story of Redemption, for the sake of Sydney, to the Glory of God.
To that end, we are beginning a New Evening Service this Sunday.
We mark the beginning of this community in a fresh and hospitable way. 5:30PM for a 6PM Start.
We will meet in our Apartment. Dr Laurel and I are hosting, and Matt Straw is organising. Our living space will be recreated into a place where the Redeemed can look Redeemed: we will eat, break bread, sing, pray, hear from God's Holy Word, and ask every question needed to to begin in a fresh way.
(Parking: There is always parking on the streets around - Jamison, York, Clarence. The Wedding Bay on Clarence St costs nothing on Sundays. Or simply bring a few gold coins with you, or use the Credit Card Meter in front of Mio's on Clarence St. Easy.)
A New Face to Sydney -
- Feb 7: A New Paradigm - Matthew 9:9-13 (At the Moffatt's)
- Feb 14: A New Joy - Matthew 9:14-17 (Up the Front of the Church)
- Feb 21: Learning to PRAY - 1 Peter 4:7 (Lent 1)
- Feb 28: Learning to LOVE - 1 Peter 4:8 (Lent 1)
- Mar 7: Learning to offer HOSPITALITY - 1 Peter 4:9 (Lent 1)
- Mar 14: Learning to use GIFTS - 1 Peter 4:10 (Lent 1)
- Mar 21: Learning to SPEAK - 1 Peter 4:11a (Lent 1)
- Mar 28: Learning to SERVE - 1 Peter 4:11b (Palm Sunday)
- Apr 4: Easter Sunday -- Opening to the City of Sydney.
In the end, this is not about a 'Service'. This is about a Community who love the Redeemer. So we want your say. Especially while we plan, we want you to be bold and speak up. What would be good for your friends who don't yet believe? Where ought we to meet? What ought we to study? What ought we to sing? How do we pray? What do we do? We want to know the way forward. And there will be ample opportunity to pray about that.
We are working towards one thing: Opening our doors to the City of Sydney on Easter Sunday: April 4.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Let me know if you or any you know would like to be a part of this...
For the Redeemer,
Justin and Laurel and Matt