Click HEAR to listen to a message on the whole book of Habakkuk. (Right Click to save and Download.)
The message is the final one from the series. It is called 'Habakkuk: In Defense of God's Timing'. If you want a the ones on Amos, Hosea and Zephaniah, then let me know, and I'll post them too.
Here is a brief introduction to the Habakkuk:
Habakkuk had a problem with God, and wasn’t afraid to say it: Why had God let evil go unchecked for so long? If God could stop evil, and he wants to stop evil, why hadn’t he stopped evil. It’s a great question and one that we all face at some stage. But Habakkuk boldly says it to God: Face to 'Face'.
So Habakkuk can help us as we face suffering and pain in the world. He is best known for beginning his prophecy with bold questions to God. And ending it with a daring statement of faith -- something like this - although 'I see no evidence of the blessing of God, yet I will rejoice in God'. Habakkuk offers us three disciplines in a world of suffering and sin.
In Habakkuk, we have a prophet we can relate to.
In PREPARATION for listening to this sermon:
Read Habakkuk 1:1-2:1.
- What 2 complaints does Habakkuk have with God?
- How does God answer the first complaint?
- What does this passage teach about 'wrestling with God'?
- What is God's final answer?
- What is Habakkuk (and all people who 'live by faith') required to do?
- What does this passage teach about 'waiting for God'?
- How does Habakkuk resolve to do?
- What is his 'evidence' for this resolve?
- What does this passage teach about 'relying on God'?
And, again, click HEAR to listen.
Pic on Flickr by Truthinreligion.