The Prophet HOSEA: In Defense of God's Love.
Here is a brief introduction to the man:
Hosea prophesied during dark days of
All of that is interesting. But here is the bizarre thing: Hosea has the dubious honor of being the only prophet told to marry a prostitute...!
Find out why by doing some reading.
Read Hosea 1.
- Why is Hosea told to marry a prostitute?
- What is God communicating about Israel?
- Why is Hosea told to go and 'love a woman who is loved by another man and is an adulteress'?
- How does he 'win her back'?
- What is God communicating about himself?
- Describe the heart of God.
- What do you think it means when God says: "My heart recoils within me"?
- What kind of response does this kind of love evoke?
Pic is of the Hosea Commentary Scroll, from the Dead Sea Scrolls, and includes the text of Hosea 2:8-12.