Saturday, March 01, 2008

Grace and Sarat

I am marrying a couple from our church tomorrow. Grace and Sarat are a wonderful couple. I am looking forward to seeing how their marriage reflects God's love for the world!

They are getting married at The Riverside Church on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Riverside is a church that was funded initially by a Rockefeller. It is quite a privilege to marry my friends in this classic NYC landmark.

Wikipedia tells me that past speakers at Riverside Church have been Martin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela and Fidel Castro.

Fidel Castro?

So I am guessing that I will be slightly more evangelical and orthodox than previous speakers. My text will be Colossians 3:12-17.

Keep Grace and Sarat in your prayers.


______________________
Pic on Flickr by schnuffi0301.

No comments: