Wednesday, May 10, 2006

To whom, then, should I return this Bulletin?

First, read this post below, and if you have any memories of St Barnabas, please comment.
But I couldn't resist posting this.


OK. Confession re the bulletin below:



In 1990, I found in the "Weekly Notices" Archives deep in the office at St Barnabas' Broadway the bulletin from 13th September 1970. I was good friends with Michael Jensen from school and university, and that particular bulletin was the notice that announced his safe birth.

The note says: "Michael Jensen joined the Rectory Staff last Monday, expected home from hospital with his mother shortly. Both are well."

His father preached that evening. Barry Newman preached the following Sunday.

So I "borrowed" the Bulletin to show Michael. And then I never returned it. That is my confession. I’ve been meaning to return it for 15 years.

One of the things that you lose in a fire like this is old bulletins and notices and archives.
This is one of the tragedies.

But one thing is not lost: The Bulletin from 13 September 1970.

Now, here is my question: Who should I return this bulletin to?

A. Ian Powell and St Barnabas?
B. Michael Jensen and family?
C. The Archbishop and family?

Your vote?

Love, Justin.

14 comments:

Craig Schwarze said...

Barney's I reckon

Ev said...

MJ

jodi said...

i think maybe the original to barneys and a very good scan copy to jensens

michael jensen said...

And you never showed it to me!!

I have to say that this is quite an emotional morning...

Anonymous said...

i agree with jodi

Justin said...

Welcome craigs...

You who turn up here and there in the blogworld.

Anonymous said...

well you could kep the original for sentimental reasons, and copy it for all the others...Julia

Craig Schwarze said...

Dominic Steele sent me a link to your site. Yeah, I'm all over the Christian blogosphere...

Two+One said...

Saved by God's grace!
So you move this even to the US? Well done!

Agree with Jodi and keep a copy for yourself.

Justin said...

Craigs -- Tell Dominic Steele that I'm glad he is a reader!

Two+One -- who are you?

Mike -- Sorry for not showing you.

The vote is this -- Barneys gets it [when they sort out their space]. MPJ gets a well produced copy.

Two+One said...

It's us dear brother:
Dirk & Heike + Tobie.

I can not imagine how you feel seeing these pictures of the ruins. My stomach turns already...

Eb said...

Maybe return it to Michael!

Tim Adeney said...

put it up for auction on ebay

Justin said...

Dirk and Heike -- I'm sorry that I didn't recognise you!! I didn't put 2 and 2 together! :)

It is quite remarkeable and sad to have this building go down.

Take a look at this and this though!

Tim A -- welcome!