Friday, July 27, 2007

Evangelism: 7 Possibilities (#4)

The 7 possibilities are built around the story of Philip and the Ethiopian in Acts 8:36-40.



4. The truth is: Some people want help.

We tend to think of everyone as self sufficient, and not needing help. But some want help! V30-31
So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?" And he said, "How can I, unless someone guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

You see it often on the subways and buses in NYC: people reading the Bible and other books. A good question: "Do you understand what you are reading?" with the intention of inviting them to discuss with you.

I have a guy at church who doesn't yet believe, but is always asking good questions about what he is believing. He really embodies someone who says: "How can I, unless someone guides me?"

____________________

No comments: