Thursday, January 10, 2008

#15- The Invisibility of God: FINAL

This is a Sermon on the Invisibility of God. Read the text: JOHN 1:1-18. It was preached at preached at Christ Church NYC on December 30, 2007. Comments welcome. Read from the bottom up.
_____________________________

You see that there is the possibility of good news - which I hold out to you today:

V12 But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God, who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God.

I know that the invisibility of God is a difficult issue. I face it myself. It is still a real question for me. And, of course, I do not have every answer. But I have God's...

But this is exactly why I love Jesus.

Jesus is the way forward for us. For he has made known God to me. And more than that - he has given me power and authority to be in his family. Miraculously in his family. Not taking the disastrous road of rejecting him. But the joyful road of receiving him.

The writer of Hebrews:

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.

Here endeth the sermon.

Are you still reading?? Feel free to make a comment...

_____________________
Pic on Flickr by tollen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to read on something I've been pondering for awhile.

Drew said...

still reading...

Anonymous said...

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this sermon Justin. Just got back from a Cru camp where God's invisibility was definitely an issue for some. These posts have encouraged me to keep proclaiming our creator's existence by proclaiming Christ.
Nathan

Paul said...

I read 15 blog posts in less than 15 minutes -- awesome, what a sense of accomplishment

Good sermon, Justin. Came out nice and clear.