Thursday, January 10, 2008

#10- The Invisibility of God: A Child can 'get' it.

A kid can get it, you know -- that the one who created the world (and me) is Jesus. My wife asked our 3 year old Son "who made you"? He replied: "Jesus made me." But then The Little Man elaborates: "Jesus made me into a puzzle and broke me into pieces and then put me back together in pieces that belong to Jesus."

The Writer of Colossians puts it like this:

Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

______________
Pic on Flickr by Cayusa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello Justin,
I am immensely enjoying your expository on this rather peculiar characteristic of God.
-Eun