So 1000 people walked past one of the finest violinists in the world. How similar, in some respects, Joshua Bell is to another Yeshua: to Jesus of Nazareth?
- Jesus is the 'finest' person in the world (He is the risen and living Messiah of the whole universe);
- He has the most wonder-filled message in the world (that this planet will be comprehensively and decisively renewed in Him);
- He has the most valuable instrument of that renewal (The Gospel: The declaration of complete forgiveness thought the merits of Jesus and his cross.)
What does John say? John 1:10
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to his own, but his own did not receive him.So here is my question this morning: How will you be able to recognize Jesus as Messiah? Who will stop you from walking by and not recognizing Jesus?
And John says that there is only one reason why you might stop and listen: Only The Holy Spirit’s work in your life.
Let’s explore together from John 16:5-15: I want to touch on three paradoxes of the Spirit (these paradoxes may explain your experience of God’s Spirit in your life.)
- In order for Jesus to Stay, he has to Go. (V5-7 )
- In order Comfort, the Spirit has Convict. (V7-11)
- In order to teach Something New, he has to remind you of Something Old. (V12-15)
PS For points, what is the name of the Garden near where this pic was taken? And what movie(s) were filmed nearby?