1. Love the Love of God.
Throw yourself into his love. This is a theme running through this entire text.
- V15: Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments."
- V21: They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love me; and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them."
That’s our question for the morning, right?
- V22: Judas (not Iscariot, for the record) said to him, "Lord, how is it that you will reveal yourself to us, and not to the world?"
And here is the answer (it doesn't feel like an answer at first)
- V23 Jesus answered him, "Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
- V28b If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I.
So it would seem that in all the abstract discussion about what to believe…
Comes a simple truth: Learn to love Jesus.
More to come...