Saturday, May 17, 2008

Junior to get Baptized

From the story of The Ethiopian eunuch (Acts 8:26-40):

And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, 'See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?'

I'm preaching on being born again from John 3. So Mike Jensen suggested in the comments that Junior be baptized this Sunday. Wife and I got to thinking. All the Grandparents are here, so why not do it? The senior minister agreed. AC will bring the bowl. And there's water on tap at the church, and plenty of people to pray with him.

And so Junior will, God willing, be baptized this Sunday. He will be 5 days old.

(If you are interested, I posted a while back on why we baptize our kids.)

___________________________

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i will miss it...(taking care of the lil' ones this sunday...) :(

michael jensen said...

wooohoooo!!

Megs said...

congratulations!!!!!

Louisa Claire said...

Hi Justin, I really appreciated your previous post on baptism. Tell me, what do you guys do about god parents? (deliberately vague question as I don't want to limit the scope of your reply!) Congrats again on the arrival of Junior!

Finite Rex said...

Junior,

Welcome to the Christian community! You have great parents and a terrific brother and sister. I just wanted to say welcome from your larger family.

mjh

byron smith said...

Great idea - I've often wondered why people wait so long (months) to baptise their kids. If you're going to baptise a kid, may as well do it first Sunday after birth (or perhaps second if born late in the week). I say this as the father of no children.

I guess it's now happened. So welcome to Junior then!