Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Junior.

God gave us a healthy baby boy in New York City at 7:41PM on May 12th. 8 pounds, 5 ounces of joy (3.75kgs). Mom is doing very well.

Now, for the purposes of this Blog, I can't call him 'The Little Man', for this name is already taken. And I certainly won't be calling him 'The Little Lady', for other obvious reasons. I couldn't call him 'The Littler Man', which is way too comparative. I toyed with 'The Boy Wonder', but we did not give birth to Batman's sidekick.

He shall hence force, on this Blog, be known simply as "Junior".

If you would like his real name, then I do apologize: I have to actually know you. So become a friend on Facebook, or email me. But let me assure you of this: it was not one of the names nixed. (There are also a few pictures on Facebook.)

Isn't Psalm 127 a good one?

Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

_________________________
Pic is of The Little Man meeting Junior for the first time.

14 comments:

Benjamin Ady said...

Hooray! Congratulations on the birth of junior. I'm yotta stoked for you =)

Jim said...

I like how as much thought was put into his name for the blog, as was for his *real* name!

Congrats to you both!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Justin, love that Psalm.

Unknown said...

Congrats - how excitement!

Ruth said...

Yeah, Psalm 127 is great. Congratulations Justin. He looks delightful, what a wonderful gift from God.

Gordon Cheng said...

Wonderful!

God bless you and the little man.

Christopher said...

That is great news!

But was he really born on March the 12th and you kept it from us until now? Or I presume you are probably too tired/excited to worry about dates.

The Heald Family said...

Yea!
thanks for the pic
Give everyone a hug for me:)
cathy

Mary said...

Hey Justin! Congratultions to you guys--he is just lovely. I was surprised to hear that he was actually born the very day that I was staying in your apartment during my visit--how did I not notice? (ha.) I can't wait to skip over to FAcebook and find out his name--the suspense you have created is fantastic!

EJ said...

hooray!

Craig Schwarze said...

Congrats bro!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!
/One-man-mexican-wave/

Congratulations and God's blessings to the whole beautiful family.

Jenny said...

Congratulations. The news had not filtered through yet.
He is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations dude - awesome.