- It is predictable that the sun will rise tomorrow on Easter Sunday. That's good.
- It is predictable that I will get meatloaf for dinner every night of my life. That's bad.
- It is predictable that my pay will come in each month. That's good.
- It is predictable that Keanu Reeves will never make a good film. That's bad.
I am speaking to some Moore College graduates next Tuesday at their reunion.
The topic: "Beyond a Predictable Sermon."
So, help me:
- Do you want your sermons to be predictable in some ways? In what ways?
- Do you want surprises? Twists? Turns? Unexpected things.
- Have you seen some unpredictable sermons that are dishonoring to Jesus?
- What are some unpredictable things you've seen in sermons?
- How did those things help you or hinder you?
Pic on FLickr by Pastelhearts.