We are growing our Lunchtime Forums, which I am excited about. Last Thursday, I lead a ten minute 'brainstorm' on how this little group (90 on our email list, 40 who regularly come, 30 each week) could create a space where Christ could be honoured and proclaimed, and the Kingdom grown. Here is the results of the brainstorm. Of course, it is a work in progress.
- Have more options
- Perhaps breakfast time meetings
- Make the venue more obvious and visible
- Make use of the church's noticeboard
- Catered lunch
- Create a setting in which attendees feel anonymous
- Have more public forums and open discussions
- Create a name for meetings that help attendees to know that meetings are for them
- Hand out of invitations 30 minutes before meetings
- Train for existing participants on how to connect with and invite others
- How do in my demanding schedules as city workers fulfill my roles and obligations to my spouse and children?
- How do I as a boss get the most and best out of my workers?
- How do our wives/ partners have their expectations met?
- The Credit Crunch
- Coping in the present climate
Want to add to the discussion? Comment away.
Pic by Bill Ruhsam.